Top 10 Reasons To Attend and FAQs
Here are ten reasons why you should attend:
10. It promotes personal growth. Taking charge of your personal growth is the key to success! When you attend
the education sessions, you will find an opportunity to learn and grow, AND Growth is always Great!
9. It is an opportunity to network. When you attend the conference, you meet Toastmasters from ALL over the
district AND other districts as well. Plus we have a Networking reception Friday evening, with First Timers joined
by special guests with “Power of the Past!” as 2 generations collide for “Force of the Future!”
8. It is your chance to learn from each other. You will have the opportunity to learn, first-hand, how your fellow
Toastmasters arrived at where they are now.
7. Two great contests (and YOU can make a difference by volunteering to help). Support the best speakers in our
seven divisions as they compete for the top award AND commit to serving to help make the contests a success.
6. Candidate Showcase. Come hear your nominated candidates answer questions before you vote on Saturday.
5. Have Fun! Shop Until You Drop. Visit vendor booths to buy some great stuff and the Silent Auction tables to
bid on some fabulous items! Shopping in the Expo Center, too. Plus, SATURDAY night after burn party; there
will be a DJ, dancing and game tables galore.
4. Food concessions available for every meal -- breakfast, lunch, and dinner… quality sandwiches, salads, snacks
& more! District Leadership sponsored Breakfast concessions on Sat. 6:30 – 8:30am! Eat all day for $30!
3. Learn more about the many places you can go in Pathways. There will be a Pathways Help Desk onsite to
show you how to navigate through the program.
2. Attend the District Business Meeting, open to all clubs and members. It’s time to elect our new District
Leadership and vote for club alignment. NOTE: THERE IS NO COST to attend the business meeting.
1. It’s where our long-time “Power of the Past” Toastmasters meet newer “Force of the Future” Toastmasters
and find our journeys invigorated. We start off Friday night with “Power of the Past, Force of the Future”
reception. Then Saturday evening, we recognize the newest Distinguished Toastmasters, outstanding officers, and
stand-out clubs in the district at the Hall of Fame ceremony Saturday evening.
Location: Mesquite Convention & Expo Center
1700 Rodeo Dr. Mesquite, TX 75149
Dates: April 27th–29th
For more details and to register, visit the Conference tab on the D50Toastmasters.org website!
- What’s the cost?
- Conference pricing deal of $100 for whole club! If club doesn’t register, $40 per individual.
- Food concessions are available for every meal; quality sandwiches, salads, snacks & more! Pre-sold vouchers or Cash Sales available on-site.
- Saturday evening choice of plated meal or concessions.
- No outside food or drink allowed in Conference Hall (that includes Starbucks!)
- Food concessions available for every meal, including snacks (sweets, etc.) for Fri ay and Saturday evening, Saturday lunch and dinner
- Please PRE-REGISTER for food to help us plan for our 500+ Toastmasters
- Saturday dinner meal is a choice from food concession ($17) or served plated meal ($45).
- Pay for meals with pre-paid vouchers or cash. You can eat all day Sat. for $30!
- It’s informative and fun, as a great way to start the Conference Friday evening.
- First Timers are invited as “Force of the Future” and welcomed by Distinguished Toastmasters & other long-time Toastmasters “Power of the Past” for Friday networking reception.
- Everyone is welcome. Light refreshments will be served. Also dinner concessions will be available for purchase.
- No, everyone will sit at the same tables, whether having a meal or not.
- Cut-off for pre-registration is Tuesday, April 24. Registration will still be available onsite during the conference.
- Food purchases (including pre-paid vouchers for concessions) must be made by April 12. After this date, meal availability cannot be guaranteed.
- First Timers Reception is not just for newbies. Special guests are coming, too!
- Candidate Showcase is a chance to see candidates for District and Division officers with moderated impromptu.
- Saturday contest seating is at round tables, allowing more people to share the “Power of the Past”and “Force of the Future” to pass on the power!
- Banner Parade for club banners in order of club age!
- All attendees will enjoy a Keynote speaker at lunch - right before International Speech contest Saturday afternoon.
- Come early: District Leadership-sponsored Breakfast 6:30-8:30am Saturday.
- Toastmasters International 2nd VP Richard Peck, with extensive project management experience - Saturday morning
- Nancy Cantor with Cantor Consulting, expert in entrepreneur connections - Saturday lunch