Winter 2017-2018 TLI (Toastmasters Leadership Institute)
Welcome to Toastmasters Leadership Institute Events
Below you will find information about the upcoming events.
Dates and locations will be updated as they become available.
|12/16||Naveen Jindal School of Management, UT Dallas||
800 W. Campbell Rd., Richardson, TX 75080
|8:00 am-3:00 pm||Jumpstart TLI||
Judges Training and Train the Trainer will not be offered at this TLI.
|1/13||Collin Higher Education Center||3452 TX-399 Spur, McKinney, TX 75069||8:00 am-3:00 pm||Kick-off TLI|
|8:00 am-3:00 pm||East Texas TLI|
|6:30 pm- 9:00 pm||North Dallas Evening TLI|
|6:30 pm-9:00 pm||South Dallas Evening TLI||
|2/3||TBD||8:00 am-3:00 pm||Last Chance TLI|
1) TLI fee is $20.00 per club (cash, check, or D50 Bookstore Bucks), payable on location.
- Fee allows all members of your club to attend any class at any TLI
- Online registration is not available
2) Incoming officers must take 2 hours of training:
- A one-hour session which corresponds to your officer role
- Plus, a one-hour combined officers session OR one-hour for-credit elective
- ACG workshops and judge's training do not count as elective credits
3) If you hold two or more officer positions:
- Take a one-hour officer session (your choice of roles), plus a one-hour combined session or for-credit elective
- OR take 2 one-hour officer sessions (one for each role held)
- If you hold roles in multiple clubs, be sure to note all of your clubs on sign-in (for accurate credit)
- Optional to attend more classes for any additional officer roles
4) If you are unable to attend a local TLI:
- You may attend training in another District (including another state or country if necessary)
- Notify the attending District that you are with District 50
- Notify our Program Quality Director where you attended training
- Training must still be completed by February 28 to receive club credit
5) Training slides and handouts are available from this link.
- Handouts are not provided during the sessions
- Slides are provided for your convenience, but classes must be attended in-person for credit
6) If you would like to teach a session, workshop, or elective during the TLI season:
- Email Richard Goodrum at firstname.lastname@example.org for session availability/needs
- Teaching 2 one-hour sessions earns the same credit as if attending a class
- First-time trainers are requested to attend an ACG Workshop for "Train the Trainer" or watch the session video (coming soon)
- First-time trainers are asked to facilitate a training session prior to teaching