Who said district leaders can't compete in a speech contest??? The 4th Annual Let’s Talk Impromptu Speech Contest featuring District 50 Leaders as contestants was recently held. Read on for all the exciting details of the event.
Pat Moriarty - Southern Division - Waxahachie Toastmasters – 1st
Stephen James - Plains Division - Plano Talkers Club – 2nd
Richard Yang - Vista Division - Texas Dragons Toastmasters Club – 3rd
Rob Davis - Frontier Division - Intuitively Speaking Club – 1st
Mike Grant - Southern Division - Waxahachie Toastmasters – 2nd
Emmett Shankle, III - Eastern Division - Longview Toastmasters – 3rd
Special Thanks to the entire District 50’s Got Talent Fall Conference team lead by Jodi Mejia.
Yearly costs are going up to $72/member, for the year October 1, 2011 - September 30, 2012
Toastmasters International World Headquarters is:
- Sending more funds to the district to support your club and district officers.
- Increasing hours of operation at World Headquarters, starting October 1 to a 12-hour day.
- Getting an upgrade to the website to be more user friendly, better for online sales and online training.
- Hiring more staff to serve our expanding membership.
- Training smarter and delivering more with eLearning for club officers and increased digital content coming in the next 6 months.
Buy a non-fat vanilla latte at Starbucks for $5.20 or a combo meal at McD’s for $6.50 to compare the value of Toastmasters. We are the best deal around.
- Vice President of Membership and Area Governors
- Interactive conference call
- Focused discussion on topics related to membership
- Open sharing of ideas and experience to help everyone learn and grow
- Mondays, 9 to 10 p.m., starting July 11, 2011 (holidays excluded)
- Dial in at (712) 432-3066 and enter access code 291871# (service provided by freeconferencecall.com)
- All Attendees please use *6 to mute, *6 when you want to speak (unmute)
- FREE (long distance charges may apply)
Topics to be covered on a weekly basis, but not limited to:
- DCP Review
- Attracting New Members
- Dues Renewal (time permitting)
- Membership Retention
- New Member Orientation & Mentoring Membership Drives (time permitting)
- Low Membership: Club Lifecycle & Revitalization
- How "Treating Your Guests like Royalty" will boost Membership.
- Signing Up New Members: Process & Practice
- Corporate Clubs and their challenges
- Community Clubs and their challenges
- Promoting Toastmasters Among Friends, Family, Colleagues and Perfect Strangers
Lieutenant Governor Marketing
Millicent Godfrey, DTM
Monnica Lamb, DTM
Lt. Governor Education & Training
Tracie Henderson, ACS, ALB
Lt. Governor Marketing
Millicent Godfrey, DTM
Eastern Division Governor
Suzanne Burnett, ACB, CL
Frontier Division Governor
Lisette Cumberland, ACB ALB
Metro Division Governor
Alice Stewart, ACB, CL
Plains Division Governor
Lee King, DTM
Southern Division Governor
Isabel Mandujano, ACB, CL
Town North Division Governor
Alan Balthrop, ACG, ALB
Vista Division Governor
Ed Meissner, ACS, ALB