Millicent joined Toastmasters in August 2005 as a member of Presby Presenters Club. She was also a member of two advanced clubs Roving 49ers and Dallas at Dusk. Millicent served as club President, Vice President Education, Sergeant at Arms and Secretary.
Millicent was very active in Toastmasters and served in many capacities as a leader in District 50. She served in the following leadership roles:
- Lieutenant Governor Marketing
- Southern Division Governor 2010-2011— President’s Distinguished Division
- Southern Division Demo Chair (Marketing), July 1, 2010- June 30, 2011
- Assistant Demo Chair (Marketing) July 2009-June 2010
- Vista Division Governor 2009-2010
- Metro Division Area 31 Governor 2008-2009
- Spring Conference Registration Chair 2009
- Winter TLI Registration Chair 2008
- First Timers Chair Fall Conference 2008
She earned her Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) in the Fall of 2009.
As the Lieutenant Governor Marketing she and the marketing team chartered seven clubs before her passing.
Millicent was also active outside of Toastmasters. She was an Assistant to the Coordinator of Prison Ministry at Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church and a United Way Ambassador. Millicent was also a guest speaker at the DART graduation ceremony this past Fall were she wowed the audience. She received more accolades than the paid speaker that day! What a testament to Toastmasters.
Professionally, Millicent was an Insurance Specialist/ Financial Counselor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas.
Clubs or Toastmasters members interested in a making a memorial contribution to The Ralph C. Smedley Memorial Fund, may do so in Millicent’s memory. If you’d like to make a donation, please see the Toastmasters International website at www.toastmasters.org or call Member Services at 949-858-8255.